Level Range: 42 – 52
Special Notes: Stratholme consists of two instances, the Main Entrance (also known as Crusader Square) and the Service Entrance (also known as The Gauntlet), referring to the location of their instance entrance in Eastern Plaguelands. Both are somewhat complex instances due to .
Stratholme: Main Entrance includes four official bosses and two commonly killed high-level elites which guard quest items, and is populated primarily by mixed groups of elite and non-elite undead mobs. The instance also includes a series of mailboxes, which- if all tampered with- produce an additional boss, Postmaster Malorne.
Four of the quests picked up at the entrance refer to bosses which are not marked with skulls on the map (“bosses” 1, 2, 3, and 6 on this list), and may be skipped or included at the discretion of the tank or group.
As if all that weren’t enough, an Eye of Naxxramas ghoul patrols the area, and will call in additional forces if he catches you.
Oh, and the non-aggressive Spectral Citizens will totally attack you if you use AoE. Enjoy!
Quest pickup is marked with a *. Mailboxes are marked with blue circles.
Special thanks to the excellent help of intrepid Tsu Tain Guu Faitaa members, who kindly guided assisted with the Stratholme: Main Gate guide.
- Stratholme Courier and Fras Siabi: The quest box ‘Premium Siabi Tobacco is at the *. Clicking on it (after killing the courier) will summon Fras Siabi, who has Flame Breath and Morph. AFter killing Siabi, clicking on the nearby mailbox and then clicking again on the package within will summon three Undead Postmen.
- The Unforgiven: As you walk under the archway, The Unforgiven and several phantasms will spawn. There is a mailbox just before (or after, depending on which way you go around the circle) you get to The Unforgiven; clicking on the mailbox once again spawns Undead Postmasters.
- Timmy the Cruel: A quest mini-boss.
- Postmaster Malown: When you click on the final, third mailbox, Postmaster Malown spawns along with three Undead Postmen. Try to clear out nearby mobs before engaging.
- Commander Malor: Has a hard-hitting melee and Shadow spells. Don’t forget to open Malor’s Strongbox after dispatching him.
- Risen Hammersmith: Picking up the Blacksmithing Plans will summon this mini-boss.
- Willey Hopebreaker: Summons an increading number of defenders at the end of the hall who can cause a great deal of damage. If one person mans the cannons, they can be shot at before running down the hall and engaging the tank.
- Instructor Galford: Casts AoE fire damage, Burning Winds and a directed Pyroblast. Don’t forget to loot the painting behind him for the quest item.
- Balnazzar: Casts a number of player control spells- Sleep, Domination, and Psychic Scream, along with shadow damage spells. After downing Balnazzar, two of the quest-givers from the entrance will spawn in the room and one will spawn just outside the room, eliminating the need to run all the way back.
Timmy, y u so cruel?
Who hurt you, Timmy?
Who hurt you?