Level Range: 44-54
Special Notes: Zul’Farrak is quite long, but as it is outdoors, allows the use of mounts throughout. Many of the bosses can be skipped if desired by the group and/or killed in any order. The quests given at the entrance require the death of all of the bosses, so all are mapped here.
The instance achievement is gained by killing Chief Ukorz Sandscalp.
A * indicates non-boss quest objectives.
- * Theka the Martyr: Not technically a boss, Theka the Martyr is a quest objective mini-boss. Try to prevent the use of AoE spells, as they will aggro the many level 47 scarabs around him.
- Antu’sul: Calls nearby basilisks to assist him, throws down totems, and snares. Assign one DPS to bring down the totems. Near the end of the fight, he summons Servants of Antu’sul, which are stronger basilisks.
- Witch Doctor Zum’rah: Summons troll zombies, skeletons, and totems. Assign a DPS to the totems. Focus on Zum’rah and on interrupting his summoning spell, if anyone in the group has an interrupt.
- Sandfury Executioner / Nekrum Gutchewer / Shadowpriest Sezz’iz: Carefully and completely clear out the area in front of the temple steps. Kill the Sandfury Executioner at the top of the steps (melee damage dealer), and release the prisoners from the cages. This begins a two-boss event at the bottom of the stairs and spawns a large number of trolls. Wait at the top of the stairs and kill the waves that run up. Move forward when the prisoners do, and try not to aggro the bosses until you have killed all the trolls. Tank ‘n’ spank the bosses with the help of the prisoners. Watch for new mobs of trolls. Bonus: You can talk to Sergeant Bly to aggro him and the other prisoners.
- Hydromancer Velratha / Gahz’rilla: Velratha pats around the pool, so wait for her to pat away before clearing mobs near the door. Tank ‘n’ spank and watch for additional mob pats. Clear out any desired remaining mobs before ringing the Gong of Zul’Farrak to summon Gahz’rilla, who spawns on the far side of the pool. He spits icicles, freezes, and has a big knockback.
- Ruuzlu / Chief Ukorz Sandscalp: Carefully clear all basilisk and snake mobs before engaging the two bosses, both melee damage dealers. Ukorz has a Frenzy effect.
Death Knight Says…
A tank and his group walk into a bar. The tank says, “I’ll take a pint, and I’ll buy one for the highest DPS I’ve seen today.”
The bartender shakes his head and says, “I’m sorry sir, but you can only drink one at a time.”